Are you a positive role model looking for an exciting, new career opportunity providing invaluable support to children and young people?
Job role: Residential Youth Support Worker
Full Time, Permanent
40hrs per week
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire (OX26)
Salary: £22,768 - £23,320 per annum / £10.94 - £11.21 per hour
+ £40 per sleep in shift completed
Additional earning potential:
- Overtime opportunities available across other homes within Homes2Inspire! Take the opportunity to experience working across a different range of services - and increase your earnings!
Full job description available on request*
Homes2Inspire Ltd are proud to be a part of Shaw Trust Group, a charity helping to transform the lives of young people and adults across the UK! At Homes2Inspire, we are passionate about what we do. As one of the country’s top Children’s Home providers, we strive for excellence in the care we provide, ensuring our children and young people are safe and supported day-to-day
“This role gives you the chance to be part of somebody making a change in their life. You need to think about the positive role model you want to be, what you aim for, the standards you will set whilst always remaining professional and keeping the young people safe is a priority. Everything else you can learn!”
The Ideal Candidate
We welcome applicants with qualifications and relevant experience, but our ideal candidate is not necessarily someone with previous experience.
If you are someone with the qualities we are looking for in a candidate, we want to support you with your career every step of the way.
We are looking for resilient candidates with a ‘can-do’ approach who have a desire and willingness to learn, are a team player and above all want to support our young people to have fun, learn, stay safe and thrive in the home and the community!
For this role, we require a commitment to working a shift pattern, with flexibility Monday-Sunday. There will be an occasional need to complete sleep-in duties. If you have commitments that will influence availability, please advise at application
We would prefer candidates to have full UK driving license, but this is not essential for this role
You will be supported by Homes2Inspire to get the training and qualifications needed for you to carry out your role, including a 2-week initial training course to cover mandatory requirements before commencing work within the home.
The fully funded initial training course will include subjects such as Safeguarding, Health and Safety, First Aid, Adverse Childhood Experiences and Trauma, Reporting & Recording and our own BILD certified Minimising Physical Intervention ’Safe and Sound’ training program.
Once in the home, you will commence ‘shadow shifts’ initially and will receive support from your supervisor and the team around you with learning the ropes, the homes routines and of course - our young people and their individual needs!
During your career with Homes2Inspire you will receive further support with your continuous professional development in the form of:
- Regular supervisions, appraisals and mentoring within the home
- Additional training opportunities and refresher training
- On-going support with our in-house Teaching Assessor who will support you to achieve your QCF Level 3 Residential Childcare qualification within 2 years
- Opportunities for career progression across the organisation – Some of our Regional Operation Managers started off as support workers within Homes2Inspire!
Aside from the fulfilling aspect of helping to support young people reach positive outcomes, there are other benefits to this role. The work undertaken by our dedicated teams are invaluable to us, Homes2Inspire employees also have access to the following benefits:
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays with increases with length of service (up to 33 days after 5 years’ service) and ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Medicash - claim back an annual cost of everyday healthcare, such as dental, optical treatment and specialist treatment
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) – 24/7 access to support via phone, sms, whatsapp and live chat. 8 free counselling sessions/short-term solutions provided
- Wellbeing support – We have an internal health and wellbeing team who are on hand and available to provide professional help and support during difficult times. Our team all have an NHS clinical background and are trained in their field of expertise
- Shopping, Cinema and Holiday discounts – you can also sign up to the Blue Light discount card for £4.99 for 2 years to access additional online and retail savings
- Cycle to Work Scheme – A cost-effective solution to getting new cycling equipment
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme where employees can earn a £500.00 bonus every time for referring the right candidate to us
- Subsidised days out and activities with our young people
- Meals included during shifts
All successful candidates will be subject to a vetting process in line with safer recruitment requirements. This includes right to work checks, Enhanced DBS Check for Children and Adults workforce (H2I will cover the cost of this check) and satisfactory reference checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.
Please note we are not currently able to support any visa sponsorship applications.
To apply for this role, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com