Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Cheddar, Somerset
Salary: £26,000 plus £40 sleep in rate
Closing date: 30/06/2022
Contract type: Permanent
Total hours per week: 40
The role offers lots of scope for development and progression for the right person within this innovative and forward-thinking service.
What we’ll offer you
- An opportunity to shape and develop our flagship home in Cheddar, the first of ten homes planned over the next 10 years.
- An award-winning employee wellbeing support package from an employer with an over 80% employee engagement rating
- A salary of £26,000 per annum, with a £40 additional sleep-in rate
- A three-week comprehensive induction package to make you feel at home with our way of working and expectations
- Consultation and development opportunities to enable you to work confidently to support children and young people’s emotional and mental health.
- Opportunities to shadow and spend time with colleagues from across the partnership organisations to understand each other’s roles and share your knowledge and skills.
- Professional development training to progress internally into roles with Homes2Inspire, a national top ten residential children’s home provider, Somerset County Council or Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays with increases with length of service (up to 33 days after 5 years’ service) and ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Life assurance, extensive high street discounts and healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme – A cost-effective solution to getting new cycling equipment
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme where employees can earn a £500.00 bonus every time for referring the right candidate to us
- Subsidised days out and activities with our young people
What you’ll bring
- An enthusiasm to work for a top ten residential children’s homes provider, Homes2Inspire, which is part of one of the UK’s largest charities, Shaw Trust.
- A willingness to work towards or current qualification in QCF level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- A full UK Driving Licence (preferred)
About the partnership
Homes2inspire Limited, Somerset NHS Foundation Trust and Somerset County Council have formed a unique partnership to offer homes and support for children and young people within Somerset who have experienced significant trauma and difficulties in their lives. We are creating a different sort of home and care for children and young people which offers them flexibility and support from a full range of people that can help them. This home is part of a wider service we are developing together including, more children’s homes, high needs foster carers, CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services) intensive treatment houses and therapeutic education. Homes2inspire is a leading provider of Children’s Homes with 30 homes across the UK. Our teams strive for excellence for our children.
The partnership is also able to offer wider support and clinical supervision with mental health and social work practitioners. Working as part of a diverse multi-disciplinary professional team offers you the opportunity to share and develop best practice. Being part of this wider team within the partnership will enable you to be part of a different way of making inspirational futures for children and young people.
Please Note all successful candidates will be subject to a vetting process, inclusive of a DBS check, Right to Work checks and references will be obtained.
Homes2Inspire Ltd are proud to be a part of Shaw Trust Group, a charity helping to transform the lives of young people and adults across the UK and internationally.
To apply for this role, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org