Job Title: Registered Children's Home Manager
Location: Middleton Cheney near Banbury
Salary Range: £36,384 - £41,545 per annum - Full Time
The successful candidate will also be eligible for the Children’s Home Manager Bonus Scheme which offers an earning potential of £12,000 per annum.
The Right Candidate
The successful applicant will support and manage a team of Support Workers and Senior Support Workers, while acting as a corporate parent to the children we care for, helping them thrive in their day to day lives. Duties include;
- Managing the residential home on a day-to-day basis, ensuring it is compliant in meeting all relevant legislative and contractual requirements, including the health and educational needs of young people.
- Supporting children and young people with complex needs.
- Liaising with other departments and specialist external agencies to ensure that the young people receive appropriate plans, programmes and support in the home to aid their rehabilitation into the community and to meet contractual requirements
- Coaching, supporting and developing staff, including supervision, to maximise their performance and ensure high standards of care, values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures, legislation and contractual and inspection framework requirements are met.
- Assisting in budget preparation and manage and control budgets to meet financial parameters.
- Interpreting and implementing changes in legislation relating to occupancy to ensure any enhanced requirements are met.
- Identifying resourcing needs and the ongoing selection, training and development of staff to ensure service delivery is optimised and relevant standards are met
- Engendering a positive health and safety culture to meet and maintain company and external accreditation standards.
- Completing regular supervisions of staff to ensure all training and development needs are met
- Ensuring the protection and safeguard the wellbeing of the young people in our care.
- Building and creating mutual trust and respect with young people in order that they respond and react appropriately to information and advice.
- Producing, maintaining and distributing house paperwork to ensure relevant information is recorded accurately and is available.
- Managing the complex behaviours of the children and young people to encourage them to engage in a positive and structured routine, including supporting in crisis intervention.
- Providing care and support to the children and young people to encompass all physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual and social needs of our children and young people.
- Working with Cluster Managers on an on call rota
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have QCF Level 57
- Have an awareness of complex needs
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are engaging and hardworking with a strong determination to succeed
- Have effective leadership skills
- Are resilient and Honest
- Have previous management experience in a similar role
- Have the passion and drive to improve the lives of children
- Desire to and are willing to learn and develop new skills
- Are resilient and able to support our children and young people in their most difficult times
- Are a great role model
- A full UK Driving Licence is preferred to support with school runs and activities.
What We Can Offer You
Here at Homes2Inspire, we invest in our people. All successful candidates are offered internal and external training, free of charge throughout their employment.
The work undertaken by our dedicated team is valuable to us, we have ensured our thanks is communicated in a generous benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave, plus a further 8 bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Shopping discounts
- Cinema discounts
- Holiday discounts
If you wish to discuss this role any further, please call Karan Heir on 07526 170627, or visit our website at: www.homes2inspire.co.uk
Please Note all successful candidates will be subject to a vetting process, inclusive of a DBS check, Right to Work checks and references will be obtained.
Homes2Inspire Ltd are proud to be a part of Shaw Trust Group, a charity helping to transform the lives of young people and adults across the UK and internationally.