Job Role: Education Engagement Coordinator
Salary: £25,051 - £27,948 per annum
Job Location: Northamptonshire
About this role
The role of an Education Engagement Coordinator involves supporting and helping the young people within our homes achieve their full potential. This role will include partnership working with local authorities, education providers and other professionals to ensure that all young people receive their statutory education entitlement and have access to training and employment. This is a peripatetic position covering a number of homes in the Northamptonshire area.
Homes2inspire value our employees and understand that the support and guidance that they provide is instrumental in developing the young people we work with.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To promote the value of education, training and employment and encourage positive engagement of young people within the homes.
- Advocate on behalf of young people and ensure access to their full education entitlement, challenging appropriately where necessary.
- Ensure all young people newly placed, access education appropriate to their needs in a timely manner.
- Liaise with education and training providers to ensure successful outcomes for young people
- Assist in the identification of post 16 training opportunities and support young people in the application process.
- Monitor and record young people’s progress and attainment in education placement.
- Support the homes with delivery of internal qualifications
- Maintain evidence of the outcomes and achievements of young people and support home manager during Ofsted inspections.
- Provide monthly reports and data relating to the education of young people to the Home Manager.
- Attend professional meetings in relation to young person’s education or training
- Support and advise colleagues on education issues
- Assist in maintaining a positive Health and Safety culture and adhere to GDPR legislation, confidentiality and safeguarding procedures.
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant area together with a minimum Level 2 Maths and English qualification.
- Commitment to improving the life chances of young people in care.
- Experience of working in an education setting.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to establish a rapport and engage young people
- Good IT skills including competence in use of Excel.
- Awareness of Department of Education guidelines on Promoting the education of looked after children and The Children’s Homes Regulation – Education Quality Standard
- Own transport and valid driving licence
Homes2Inspire operate a safer recruitment policy and you will be required to undergo a Disclosure Barring Service enhanced application, which is funded by the organisation.
For further information regarding our organisation, or this role please do not hesitate in contacting Paul Maginnis, Senior Education Engagement Coordinator on 07545510355 or visit our website at: www.homes2inspire.co.uk