Fantastic opportunities available in the safe, secure and fulfilling industry of Social Care!
Residential Youth Support Worker (Children’s Home)
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Salary: £20,696 - £22,382 per annum (dependent on training and experience), New starters with QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare start on £21,372!
Overtime opportunities available, plus £33.00 per sleep in completed
As a Waking Nights Youth Support Worker, you will also be required to:
- Prioritise and self-manage workload due to the independent nature of the role to ensure effective completion of tasks.
- Build and create mutual trust and respect with young people in order that they respond and react appropriately to information and instructions.
- Define structures and boundaries of behaviour to young people, acting as a positive role model, so they understand behaviour expected.
- Produce, maintain and distribute house paperwork to ensure relevant information is recorded accurately and is available. Complete additional reports as directed by the Home Manager.
- Manage and analyse the young people’s behaviour to avoid incidents and improve behaviour.
- Create a positive culture and routine to ensure young people respect the night time routines and expectations.
- Maintain knowledge of and apply the relevant legislative, contractual and inspection framework requirements.
- Provide support and advice to young people to ensure that they maintain positive behaviours at all times.
- Ensure house chores are completed and maintain the general up keep of the home to a high standard.
Homes2Inspire understand the value of our people and the need to invest in our staff to ensure they have all of the skills and experience to provide our young people with the best quality of care. We welcome applicants without prior experience in the role to apply, as full training and guidance is provided to ensure you are at the expected level to be able to care for the young people.
As an organisation, Homes2Inspire promote their staff team to be passionate, nurturing, and resilient people, to help support the young people to achieve positive outcomes for a better quality of life. Homes2Inspire are committed to provide our staff with a comprehensive induction into this field of work, this will include:
- An initial induction course prior to starting in post
- Monthly formal professional supervision
- On-going continuous professional development
- Fully funded QCF Level 3
As a residential provision this is a 52 week/24-hour service. You will be required to work 11 hour night shifts for 5 days with 5 days off.
If you wish to discuss this role any further, please call Kim Murray, Children’s Home Manager on 07793437449, or visit our website at www.homes2inspire.co.uk
Please Note all successful candidates will be subject to a vetting process in line with safer recruitment, which include a DBS check, Right to Work checks and reference checks.
Homes2Inspire Ltd are proud to be a part of Shaw Trust Group, a charity helping to transform the lives of young people and adults across the UK and internationally.