Job Role: Senior Residential Youth Support Worker
Location: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Starting Salary of £23,561, this increases to £25,672 on successful completion of probation.
The successful candidate will also receive a payment of £33 per sleep in completed.
Closing date: 30th March 2020
Interview Date: 2nd April 2020 in Rugby, Warwickshire
During these unprecedented times, we are looking for KEY WORKERS to support our children and young people to achieve the best outcomes possible.
We will be continuing to recruit and train new staff during this time to ensure our children and young people receive the best care.
We would like to ensure you as well as following our safer recruitment processes we will also be maintaining social distancing and using alternative means to interview where possible. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting us on ..Ella mobile number.
· QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent or working towards
· Experience working in Residential Childcare
Homes2Inspire are expanding their organisation and looking for enthusiastic, caring and motivated individuals to join the growing business. Homes2Inspire specialise in working with young people and families, and have comprehensive experience in providing specialist, welfare and educational based support, interventions and guidance to children and young people in various settings.
The role of a Senior Residential Youth Support Worker involves being responsible for the supervision of a shift and the Residential Youth Support Workers at a Children’s Home providing advice, care and stability for the young people ensuring they are treated equally, whilst promoting positive rolemodelling behaviour.
As a Senior Residential Youth Support Worker, you will also be required to:
• Supervise Support Workers and cascade information so that disadvantaged young people are cared for, guided and incentivised appropriately in line with legislative, in line with relevant legislative, contractual and inspection framework requirements
• Demonstrate to the young people the value of education, care and development so that they improve behaviour, by being a positive role model.
• Build and create mutual trust and respect with young people in order that they respond and react appropriately to information and instructions.
• Define structures and boundaries of behaviour to young people, acting as a positive role model, so they understand behaviour expected.
• Produce, maintain and distribute house paperwork to ensure relevant information is recorded accurately and is available.
• Control and analyse the young people’s behaviour to avoid incidents and maximise positive behaviours.
• Create and produce activities to occupy and develop young people in order that they gain skills and education on an informed basis
• Coach, support and develop Support Workers ensuring their performance and potential is maximised to meet contractual and company requirements.
• Provide basic advice and skills to young people on managing their finances and other everyday life skills.
Homes2Inspire understand the value of our people and the need to invest in our staff to ensure they have all of the skills and experience to provide our young people with the best quality of care. We welcome applicants without prior experience in the role to apply, as full training and guidance is provided to ensure you are at the expected level to be able to care for the young people.
As an organisation, Homes2Inspire promote their staff team to be passionate, nurturing, and resilient people, to help support the young people to achieve positive outcomes for a better quality of life.
Homes2Inspire are committed to provide our staff with a comprehensive induction into this field of work, this will include:
• A modular training programme prior to commencement of role
• Monthly formal professional supervision
• On-going continuous professional development
As a residential provision this is a 52 week/24-hour service. You will be required to work a shift pattern which includes early/late shifts and sleep-in duties when required at an additional allowance.
Homes2Inspire operate a safer recruitment policy and you will be required to undergo a Disclosure Barring Service enhanced application, which is funded by the organisation.
For further information regarding our organisation, please visit our website at: www.homes2inspire.co.uk